In this interview, Jon and I discuss...
- What is Narrative Design in video games?
- How game immersion is often broken
- The problems of most educational games (“Chocolate over Broccoli”) and what actually works
- How game story and game mechanics should be connected
- When do you want to involve a Narrative Game Designer during the game creation process
- The number one mistake Game Developers make (and how to fix it)
- The potential for storytelling in video games
- Emotions in gaming
- Advice for those who want to write game narrative as a career or for their own games